Job order - J0623-1927 - Auxiliary
|Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
The Port Moody Police Department has a rare opportunity for a part-time Finance professional. Reporting to the Chief Constable, the Finance Officer provides services on broad set of financial functions; and delivers on the strategic priorities for the Port Moody Police Department. The Finance division of the Port Moody Police Department also works jointly and collaboratively with City of Port Moody’s Finance and Payroll Department. This position works up to 15 hours per week and may fluctuate in consideration of operational requirements as well as leave coverage. This role is one of two part time positions in the Finance section of the Port Moody Police Department.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee and provide leadership of Financial Services for the Port Moody Police Department and is responsible for all aspects of the financial planning, annual budgeting, financial reporting and ad hoc financial/business analysis, purchasing and funding.
- Plan, organize, and coordinates PMPD’s annual budget processes for the Operation and Capital Budgets.
- Oversee and perform all accounting and financial reporting functions, and ensuring compliance with related policies, standards, and requirements.
- Develop, implement and provide financial analysis on KPIs giving data driven insights to aid decision making & strategic priority setting.
- In collaboration with the City’s Finance Dept., assists with activities required for year-end financial requirements, including analysis, preparation of forecasts and associated schedules, and liaise with external stakeholders as required.
- Oversee and coordinate ongoing accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, bank reconciliations, cost/benefit analysis, internal/external reporting, and maintaining internal control systems.
- Provide relevant and value-added long-range financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- Complete the weekly payroll time keeping/reconciliation and approvals.
- Perform related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. accounting, business administration). A CPA designation (or in process of achieving the CPA designation) is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience, within a small to medium sized multi union organization. Experience in a police environment, municipal/public sector employer is considered an asset. An equivalent level of education and experience as acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills as well as experience with ERP systems are required.
- Working knowledge of related policies, legislation and collective agreements.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written is required, with the ability to link business issues, financial results and strategy.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to make decisions on accounting treatment of transactions, financial systems solutions, and policy issues; analytical skills to review/analyze financial documents to ensure accuracy and completeness. ????
- Ability to prepare monthly reports and present to Senior Management and the Police Board as required.
- Capacity to learn and accept additional responsibilities will make you successful in this role
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, collaborate and contribute to the team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Police background and security clearance.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours of work
- Competitive hourly rate plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
- Opportunities for learning and development
- A friendly and team-based work environment
Click here to apply