The Recreation Department has an Auxiliary position available for an Early Learner Playschool Leader. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing and leading a preschool program for children from 3 – 5 yrs of age.
You will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a well organized, stimulating play environment that encourages the development of the participants. This position will liaise with parents, schools and community resources. The program will require developing activities that are important to the various stages of child development, including, art, literacy, fine/gross motor skills, and constructive play.
Hours of work are 8:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Friday during the school year. July and August are optional.
• Completion of Early Childhood Education or a preschool certificate program; sound preschool instruction plus a minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required; experience in a Recreation environment preferred
• Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
• Ability to be culturally sensitive, creative, collaborative and resourceful
• Experience coordinating and facilitating arts, crafts, and children’s developmental programs
• Effective communication and an ability to work with children
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Current Occupational First Aid, Level 1 certification
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver's abstract (Class 5 license and access to a vehicle is required).