The City of Port Moody has a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced and customer service oriented individual to provide leadership while performing building maintenance and janitorial services tasks.
This regular, full-time position will provide leadership and direction to Building Service Worker staff while also performing janitorial and custodial tasks. This includes participating in recruitment, training, authorizations and scheduling / prioritizing of work as well as entering work orders, purchasing supplies, and assisting with related contractors. The Building Service Worker Lead Hand position will also be responsible for minor maintenance and repair work as well as facility setup and take downs in a variety of recreation facilities.
This position will work evenings, and the shift will include weekends.
• Grade 12 and up to six months of education related to janitorial work, as well as supervision, leadership, and Health & Safety (ie: Supervisor Due Diligence; Supervisor Safety; Learning to Lead; Contractor Coordination)
• BSW Certification
• 2-3 years of related experience that includes two years of experience working in a recreation facility, some experience working in an administrative setting to schedule, train, prepare task lists, etc., and 1 year of experience supervising or acting in a supervisory or lead hand or other leadership role
• Proficiency in the use of janitorial materials, tools and equipment and thorough experience in cleaning and maintaining multiple buildings working a variety of shifts
• Sound knowledge of routine building maintenance and minor repairs
• Understanding of broad scope of customer needs in various buildings and settings
• Experience with scheduling staff, assigning tasks, organizing work flow and routines, preparing task list and work order assignments
• Awareness of safe work practices
• Proficient computer and MS Office skills as well as Perfect Mind, Maintenance Connection and purchasing supplies
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills and experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and Level 1 First Aid
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver's abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.